Friday, January 05, 2007

Thursday, Friday 4th, 5th January

I took some video of the Gorge on my digital camera on Thursday. Of course, the one peregrine that appeared - flying towards the woods opposite - and landing there (unusual), was missed. Anyway the camera cannot show such a small target. It did (just) pick up a cormorant flying down river. For my video blog (Vlog) see
http://johnpmaher.blogspot.com/, at present I'm trying to figure how to set up embedded video - without resorting to Javascript - and which is standards compliant!

A kind letter from Darren Oakley-Martin of the RSPB mentions some other Birdlogs which I must add to the links.

Friday was milder, but cloudy, a very large (100+) flock of starlings feeding on the downs, also the usual culprits - crows, jackdaws, rooks, black-headed gulls. Nothing much on the river except for a few mallards dabbling on the mud edges. No raptors.

No comments: