Sunday, February 04, 2007

Sunday 4th February

Regular blogs are a bit like diaries - or taking pills - quite easy to miss and forget! I had to catch up on three days today. The morning was very cold, with a heavy frost, and it was cold for most of my ride. Sunday always brings out the joggers, cyclists and others to enjoy Bristol's best place, this morning there were also large numbers of gulls scattered over the grass, the tide was high so that there was little mud, and I expect that this drives the gulls inland. At the Peregrine Watch a large group of birders was busy watching a bird perched in a tree opposite, his white front was very obvious in the sunshine. I had the glasses off him as he moved, so lost him. All I could see in the trees thereafter were pigeons. What was the bird? Not a peregrine with such a large obvious white front. A barn owl perhaps, I think the front was too white for a peregrine? The bird disappeared in to the trees - so more like an owl that a peregrine. I guess I should have asked the experts!

No comments: