Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Sunday, Monday, Wednesday 25,26, 28 March

The clocks went back on Sunday, so I was rather late arriving at the Peregrine Watch (around noon BST), and there was nothing notable going on in the local bird community! Wednesday was very foggy, so again nothing, in fact it was difficult to see over into Leigh Woods clearly. The tide is now low in the mornings, so there was a lot of mud visible, with mallard dabbling at the edges, but no redshank that I could see.
Monday was much more eventful. A kestral took off rapidly from outside No 25 Cairns Road, I could not see anything in the garden, no prey! On the mud below Sea Walls were our four redshank, clearly paired up now. No other raptors at the Peregrine Watch, but I did see three cormorants and a jay. Jays are far less common than are magpies, which I see nearly every morning.

No comments: