Monday, April 02, 2007

Sunday, Monday 1st & 2nd April

Just as I arrived at the Peregrine Watch on Sunday I spotted a peregrine circling around the trees beside the quarry opposite. A large flock of jackdaws took off and tried to mob him, but he singled out one and chased it down to the water, then to a small tree at the side of the river. It was a very near miss and that jackdaw must have been terrified! The peregrine subsequently flew up and over towards Burwalls, the last I saw was a rapid descent from a height. A kill perhaps?
Monday. High water with no mud. A peregrine took off from the cliff below me and flew to the right, over a small quarry, and into the trees. I lost him, but later thought I might have seen his light front shining from tree over that way. It could have been a light branch. A raven could just be seen sitting on the nest opposite.

No comments: