Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Wednesday, 10th October

There was a Redshank on the mud below Sea Walls, however, when I reached the Peregrine Watch a very large group of other birds were visible, sitting underneath the Sea Walls cliff on the mud. There must have been 80+ gulls, a couple of dozen Mallard, three Cormorants, and a Gray Heron sitting on the nearby wall. No feeding, just sitting, so what drew them all together, I do not know!

At Sea Walls one of the Ravens flew past, and on over to Snyed Park, it passed quite close to me. Until you see one of these up close, you don't quite realise how large and majestic they are. A while later I saw both Ravens cross back into Leigh Woods and come down among the trees near the quarry to the left. Something down in the wood must have attracted them, I hope, not another dead deer.

My bicycle is becoming - like me - rather stiff and suffering from old age. However I can buy a new bicycle, so I made a trip to Fred Baker on the way home, and ordered a new Dawes Discovery 501. Cycling should become a little easier next week.

No comments: