Friday, November 30, 2007

Friday 30th November

On the stretch of Circular Road just before the Peregrine Watch I had a brief glimpse of a bird with white wings, my first thought was "Magpie", but it flew like a Crow and was following another Crow into one of the bushes. Is there a black and white Crow on the Downs, there used to be a Jackdaw with a lot of white feathers, but I have not seen that for a while? One of the Ravens was soaring over Nightingale Valley, using the wind like a Buzzard, a Peregrine appeared high above the Raven, then swooped right down towards the trees in the quarry opposite, she moved so fast I nearly lost her from my glasses. She rounded, and headed back up towards Nightingale Valley, disappearing behind the trees. The Kestral was flying over the railway line, she disappeared up towards the Suspension Bridge.

No comments: