Friday, July 11, 2008

Thursday, Friday, 10th, 11th July

I have been watching 'le Tour de France' on ITV4. It struck me that the riders would cover the distance that I travel on each of these mornings (17.2km) in about 20 minutes! If I don't stop at Sea Walls or the Peregrine Watch, then the main holdups are with traffic, especially around 8 to 9 am in school terms, and the journey takes about 55 minutes. That was Thursday.
Friday was well worth a stop, from Sea Walls I could see one of the Peregrines atop the yew tree. At the Peregrine Watch, the Peregrine Kittens gave a great display of 'catch the black headed gull' and catch the pigeon, or maybe even a bee over Leigh Woods. They failed with all of these (or at least the first two), but the flying was spectacular. There were a couple of more business-like fly pasts as well. There are three young Peregrines still.

No comments: