Monday, March 23, 2009

Monday March 23rd

An early morning ride (and the first one this year in short trousers), so I was up by the Peregrine Watch around 8am. The Great Bristol Public were out in force on Sunday, the evidence was left all over the Downs, with some particularly large piles in the cleared scrub beside Circular Road. The Downs Committee also seem keen on removing even more trees, I counted three with stump bases all looking fine. At this rate, and without replacements, the Downs will be treeless in ten years - I joke not!
There was some mud showing, and to the west of Sea Walls I counted ten Redshank, in one place a small flock of half a dozen birds were all busy pecking at the mud. At the Peregrine Watch the Jackdaw flock was flying around in a noisy group, I though that a raptor might have set them off, but could not see one.

No comments: