Saturday, September 01, 2007

Saturday 1st September

There was a Heron on the mud just up-river of Sea Walls, he edged backwards every now and then as the tide rose. Also, and from Sea Walls, I thought that I could see a Peregrine slightly above the banana tree, maybe this is where yesterday's Peregrine landed out of sight of the Watch? Over by the Peregrine Watch I could see nothing, even though I looked across the Gorge from a distance on either side. As I cycled into the trees to get a better angle on the quarry, I nearly collided with a couple of Blue Tits, they seemed to be fighting?!! Over on the cliff above the quarry I noticed a black bird disappear into one of the crevasses, then on watching carefully I could see a number of Jackdaws flapping about the trees and ivy. Unusual.

No comments: