Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wednesday 18th February

I have forgotten when I was last on a bicycle! Long ago, anyway with tyres pumped up and me well wrapped up, I did my Downs ride this morning. It was misty and a bit damp, on the Downs between Saville Road and the Seven Sisters there must have been a couple of hundred gulls. Some of the Black Headed Gulls are donning their summer caps. By the time I had re-circled the Downs the gulls had all departed; driven off by dogs and walkers. At Sea Walls I could see three Redshank on the mud, then at the Peregrine Watch a brief glimpse of a Peregrine as it came into the cliff. The river tide was flowing very slowly downstream; it was so calm that there were surface reflections from the trees.

All the snow has gone ... but the huge 'throne-like' object just beside the Huntingdon Elm at the end of Ladies Mile remains as a dirty pile of snowy debris. The chair and bucket have gone!

No comments: