Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Sunday 31st October, Tuesday 2nd November

My blogging has become increasingly spasmodic - reflecting the lack of cycle rides!   I'm back in the saddle having done 5.38km and 8.84km respectively.  Not back to 16km+ yet.  Today's trip was over the Downs with a stop at the Peregrine Watch, Jim was there when I arrived, no Peregrines, and he told me there were none around.  This time of year they are not seen frequently at all.  The next thing we will know is the return of the Ravens to their nest opposite.  A squadron of ducks was flying around over the river, high speed and looking like a fighter squadron!

BCC have finished the fencing above Sea Walls, it is now painted black, and looks very good and smart.  It only took them 5/6 years to do the whole couple of hundred metres.   The other fence which is going up concerns the Goat Stalig or Goat Pen.  It was supposed to unobtrusive, but if 7-8' black fencing in non-intrusive, I just wonder what they would put up if they wanted to make it really stand out.  It will be an eyesore in what was an idyllic enclave just off the Downs.  Ugh!   Not only that the cost has been kept very quiet, and as I've said before, maybe over £100,000.  And in the present financial climate.

I said a change of direction for the blog.  I have been diagnosed with permanent AF (look it up!), a consequence of which is that I have to take warfarin daily.  I start this evening:  it has to be taken at the same time each evening, so an iPhone bell rings at 7pm;  the dose needs to be settled so I take 5mg tablets for 3 days and then a blood test;  this gives the 'bleeding time' - remember 'Doctor in the House'.

No comments: