Monday, September 17, 2007

Monday September 17th

A slight departure from my usual blog this morning. Turning into Ladies Mile from Stoke Road as I came in the opposite direction was an idiot in a white van on his mobile 'phone, also turning the corner! This was not an isolated occurrence, I see a lot of very bad driving on my 10 mile trips in the morning. Maybe someone should report the numbers of such people in a Blog! If I had caught a name on the van, or its number, he would have been reported to the police.

From the Peregrine Watch I could see a couple of deer sitting on the top right hand grass behind the small trees. Impossible to see without binoculars, and difficult to find unless you know where to look and what to look for. A Peregrine was perched at the top of the yew trees to the left of the opposite quarry, at one stage a Jay landed a little behind her, then flew over to the quarry trees, I saw a second Jay over there a little later. Then the Peregrine left the yew tree, and in a long swooping glide, with scarcely a movement of its wings came over to the cliff underneath me.

No comments: