Saturday, September 22, 2007

Saturday, Sunday, 22nd, 23rd September

Saturday: A very quiet morning up at the Gorge, the Swallows/Martins were no longer around, the Jackdaws were flying around in a flock, but without the wind to aide their aerobatics the flights were less spectacular. A Peregrine came across the Gorge and disappeared towards Walcombe Slade. One of the local birders commented, "maybe we'll see some action now!" Nothing happened for a while - so I went home to breakfast.

Sunday: Even quieter, but with a strong wind down the river causing the Crows and Jackdaws to seem to fall about the sky. Low tide and a lot of mud was visible, I like the mud since it attracts all kinds of interesting fauna! I was not certain, but I thought that a large Peregrine flying over Walcombe Slade as I came around Circular Road for the first time, otherwise nothing apart from pigeons bolting across the Gorge.

No comments: